The "Cebra" rectangular wooden board is a beautiful combination of two types of Mexican warm heartwood.
It's perfect to chop and serve food or to have as a decorative item. Every piece is handcut from beautiful, rich-tone Rosa Morada and Tzalam heartwood, types of wood that are primarily found in Mexico and Central America.
Every serving board is hand-shaped and created with the utmost care by craftsmen from Chechén Wood Design based in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- Dimensions: approximately L 36 cm x W 21 cm.
- Made of 2 types of wood:
- 80% Rosa Morada or "Tabebuia Rosea" wood. It's native to Mexico, Central America and parts of South America. This heartwood is typically light to medium brown, occasionally with a reddish hue or darker streaks of amber brown.
- 20 % Tzalam or "Carribean Walnut" heartwood. Grows primarily in the south of Mexico, and also in other tropical regions like Central America.
- Wood tones: Rosa Morada is light brown, while Tzalam is rather medium brown coloured.
Finish: edible grade oil.
Every board is handmade. Therefore slight variations in shape, size and colour may occur. This makes every piece a unique example of craftsmanship.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not wash with hot water. Wash with cold or lukewarm water.
- Do not leave to air dry, but dry immediately after washing to prevent stains from water and scale, and to prevent the wood from cracking.
- Keep your wooden board in optimal shape with good care: use an edible oil (e.g. olive, avocado oil) or a mineral oil to protect it from drying and cracking. Apply oil before first use of your wooden product and occasionally oil to ensure years of usage.